(Jointly offered by the Faculties of Science, Medicine, and Business Administration)
|(852) 3943 6393
|Admission||Biotechnology, Entrepreneurship, and Healthcare Management (JS4725)|
This interdisciplinary undergraduate programme is designed for talented students who would like to develop a career in biotechnology entrepreneurship, business analysis, and/or healthcare management, to capture the emerging opportunities in Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, and beyond. The programme brings together the Faculties of Science, Medicine, and Business Administration at The Chinese University of Hong Kong to co-develop a brand-new, integrated curriculum with active learning as the core. In addition to a compilation of complementary courses in Biomedical Sciences, Business Administration, Molecular Biotechnology, and Public Health, capstone courses will be co-taught by the professors in different Faculties to upgrade students’ problem-solving ability using cross-disciplinary knowledge. Opportunities of mentorships and internships from the relevant industrial, service, and venture capital sectors will be sought to allow the students to learn through connecting knowledge with real-world problems.
The programme aims to develop talents with a broad base of complementary knowledge, who shall demonstrate the following essential attributes:
- an entrepreneurial mindset with ground-breaking ideas to translate the advancement of biotechnology, biomedical sciences, and healthcare into commercial opportunities
- an ability to integrate a broad base of knowledge in biotechnology, biomedical & health sciences, data analytics, and business management to provide innovative and cross-disciplinary solutions
- an ability to communicate with collaborators of diverse backgrounds and participate in the management of healthcare operations and development.
- Cross-disciplinary training by Faculties of Science, Medicine, and Business Administration
- Biotechnology knowledge with an emphasis on the applications on biomedical and environmental issues
- Analytical skills to connect scientific knowledge to “real-world” business
- Sense and skills in entrepreneurship and healthcare management
- Leaders in the start-ups in advanced life science, health-technology, and environment solutions
- Business consultants and analysts for science and technology firms
- Management in healthcare and medical institutes