Faculty of Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) - Non-JUPAS


Students who are applying on the strength of qualifications other than the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) are considered as non-JUPAS applicants. These students would have obtained results which qualify university admission in its own right. Such results include (but are not limited to) GCE A-Levels, IB Diploma, Associate Degree, Higher Diploma, Hong Kong Advanced Level (HKAL), high school diploma plus SAT, Gao Kao in China, UEC/STPM in Malaysia, ATAR in Australia, OSSD in Canada, GSAT in Taiwan or any other equivalent. Non-JUPAS students fall into the following categories.


International Applicants

Local Applicants (Non-JUPAS Year 1) 

Local Sub-degree Holders (Non-JUPAS Senior Year) 

Mainland Applicants (Gao Kao Candidates)


Non-JUPAS student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account of individual merits. Non-JUPAS Local and International students should submit their applications directly to the University’s Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA). Current Mainland Gao Kao candidates should apply through the National Colleges and Universities Enrolment System.

For detailed information about all entrance requirements (including language requirements), please refer to the OAFA website.